Wednesday 6 June 2012

13 Wortley Road, London, Ontario

I recently traveled back to London, Ontario to visit the house my father and his family grew up in.  The house was built in 1881, however the Geris Clan moved there sometime in the 50's.  I remember the house well and have fond memories of my grandparents and their numerous pets (a couple cats and a big German Sheppard).  I received a tour of the building from the current owner, an elderly gentleman, and was pleased to see the interior of the familiar structure.  Not a lot had been changed, just the coloring of the walls (Bright: red, yellow and blue).  The new owner has eighty-seven cats living with him and believes that the cats like the bright colors. 


The elderly gentleman rents out the rooms out to struggling youth.  The youth are not required to pay rent, instead they must look after the elderly gentleman's eighty-seven cats.

3 comments:

  1. For real? I rode by today and had to figure out what it was! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to rent a room at this house about 10 years ago. I am pretty sure that he has been featured on a news program at some point before I lived there. I would love to find some video of the interior.

    ReplyDelete