Tuesday 8 November 2011

Peter Michienzi

I spoke with Canadian Amateur Wrestling Legend, Peter Michienzi today.  Peter was the best-man at my parent’s wedding and one of Dad’s long-standing friends.  He is a fifteen time Canadian National Champion and has represented Canada at many international events and was a teammate of my fathers on the 1968 Canadian Olympic Team.  Peter met my father when dad was still in high school and remained friends until Dad’s death in April of 2008. 
Peter was able to give me background information of their adventures at the Commonwealth Championships and the 1968 Olympic Games.  He told a story of the 1968 Canadian Olympic Wrestling Team gathered on the roof-top of their dorms in the Olympic Village, dropping water balloons on unsuspecting victims below.  More about that story in the book….

No comments:

Post a Comment