Friday 27 January 2012

1967, 1968 Nation Champion: Charlie Nixon

I spoke with 1967, 1968 Canadian National Champion, Charlie Nixon.  Charlie was a teammate of my father’s at the 1966 World Championships in Toledo, Ohio.  He also was a teammate of my father’s at the 1967 Canada Centennial meet between Canada, France and England.  Charlie competed at 125.5lbs and represented Canada at the1967 Pan American Games placing fourth that year. Mr. Nixon described my father as “good natured, with a likable personality, Harry made an effort to get along with everyone”.  We talked about the 1966 World Championships and my father’s library card incident with US custom guards, he also spoke of a “night on the town”  they had together in London, Ontario that resulted in my father eating Charlie’s share of apple pie.  Great stories and more fuel for the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment