Wednesday 29 August 2012

Royalty and Wrestling


A couple of months ago my brother told me a story about my dad wrestling at the British Empire Games.  My father told Ryan about one of his matches where he wrestled in front of royalty.  I will include the story in my book, so I won’t go into detail now.  Much of the stories that I receive from various sources are double checked and researched to substantiate the story through interviews, internet records and sometimes photographs.   I acquired the picture below through one of my father’s teammates, Peter Michienzi, it corroborates my brother’s story, it is of Princess Ann, a young Prince Charles and the Duke of Edinburgh sitting mat-side watching my father wrestling his bronze medal match at the British Empire Games.


No comments:

Post a Comment